Modelling COVID-19 using Geogebra

I have set this video to my Key Stage 4 pupils


I think it is a really nice explanation of the curve that is defining our lives at the moment.

What I really like about this is that it uses a gorgeous bit of freely available software that you can download (recommended) or run in a browser window to follow along with.

Geogebra is available here https://www.geogebra.org/download?lang=en

I would recommend you download Geogebra Classic 5 (it's the best version, and the one he is using).
You'll need to pause the video to type the commands in to Geogebra.
In half an hour or so you could learn some of the basics behind the mathematics defining our lives. it does use differential calculus but Geogebra does all the heavy lifting. I think this is accessible to anyone that wants to give it a go. 

Comments